There are lots of ways to watch Vimeo videos on devices other than your computer.
In this article:
Supported platforms and devices
Native Vimeo apps are available for these popular app platforms and devices:
- Apple TV (4th generation and 5th generation/4K models running tvOS)
- Search for “Vimeo” in the App Store
- Roku devices (standalone Roku devices as well as Roku-enabled TVs)
- Search for “Vimeo” in the Roku channel store or visit the app listing at Roku Vimeo TV App.
- To cast from the Vimeo Android or iOS mobile apps, learn more in the Vimeo Help Center at 'AirPlay and Chromecast'.
Note: for more information on using showcases for custom channels on Roku and Amazon Fire, visit this page.
To play Vimeo videos on your TV, we recommend using one of the platforms listed above. Vimeo apps on these platforms are no longer supported:
- Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation, with the Vimeo app pre-installed)
- Android TV
- Amazon TV app
- Philips TVs
- Samsung TVs and Blu-ray players
- Sony TVs and Blu-Ray players (running the Opera TV Marketplace)
- Xbox 360
- Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows Phone
TV web browsers
Some smart TV platforms provide web browsers that can access standard websites. The Vimeo website and video player are not tested in TV web browser environments and are not supported. System requirements for playing Vimeo videos can be found at 'System Requirements for viewing, browsing, and apps'.