End screens help you connect with your viewers after your video finishes playing by letting them know where to go next. You can drive engagement and conversions with the following customizable end screen options:
- More videos: Showcase three of your public videos or the latest three videos from one of your channels, groups, or albums. You also have the option to add a background image to your video’s end screen. (Please note that private videos and albums are automatically hidden from the More Videos end screen. This includes private videos added to public albums.)
- Share options: Display social share icons and the video URL after the video finishes playing. You also have the option to override your video URL with a custom URL and add a background image to your video’s end screen.
- Custom image: Display an image after the video finishes playing. You also have the option to make the custom image a clickable link.
- Call to action (CTA): Display a button with a custom link to seamlessly direct viewers straight to your site, product page, or anywhere else on the Internet. You also have the option to add a title, description, additional custom link, and background image to your video’s end screen. Some elements of the CTA end screen may be hidden if the embedded player is smaller than 400px.
- Email capture (Business only): Display an email capture screen at the end of your video, with the option to add a custom message. Please note that if you’ve already set up email capture for before or during your video, this end screen option will not be available. Learn more about email capture.
Vimeo Business members can also track the performance of the CTA end screen or email capture end screen of a video from its stats panel. Learn more about stats for video interaction tools.
If you’d prefer something simpler, you also have the following options for what happens after your embedded video finishes playing:
- Thumbnail: This video will return to the beginning thumbnail after it finishes playing.
- Empty: Your video will not show anything after it finishes playing.
- Loop: Your video will loop after it finishes playing, infinitely.
Except for the Thumbnail and Loop options, there is a replay button in the bottom left corner of every end screen.
All the end screens listed above are selectable from a drop down menu under the After the video heading in the Embed tab of your video settings.
Please note that only some end screens work when you're in a Portfolio:
- More videos
- Call to action
- Share options
- Custom image
These end screen features do not appear in Portfolios:
- Email capture