If you've been added as an uploader or manager on a team account, you'll now be able to upload videos to that account. Check out the instructions below for how to get started.
Once you’ve been added as an uploader on the team account by the account’s owner, follow the instructions below for uploading:
- Log into your personal account.
- Visit the upload page (https://vimeo.com/upload).
- You'll see "Upload to [User Name]" on the top left of the page. Click on this to reveal a dropdown menu.
- In the dropdown menu, you’ll be able to specify to which account you’re uploading (i.e., your own or the team account).
Aside from the change in username, you’ll also be able to tell which account you’re uploading to based on whether you see a storage meter at the top right of the upload page. If you’re uploading to your personal account, you’ll see your own personal quota limit (for example, if you’re a Basic user, you’ll see a total quota limit of 500MB).
If you are uploading to a PRO account, you'll see the total quota limit of 20GB. If you're uploading to a Business account, you won't see the storage meter at all unless the main account is close to their storage capacity.
Once you’ve been added as a manager on the team account by the account’s owner, follow the directions below to upload:
- Log into your personal account
- Hover your mouse over the circular profile icon in the top right corner of any Vimeo page (between the Search bar and Upload button)
- From the dropdown that appears, click on "Switch Accounts"
- In the lightbox that appears, specify which account you’d like to upload to