The fullscreen button will be hidden from the player in scenarios where fullscreen mode cannot be activated. Here are some common causes:
- First and foremost, check the Embed tab. Make sure the fullscreen button is toggled on under the Controls section
- The iframe embed code is missing the fullscreen attributes: "mozallowfullscreen,""webkitallowfullscreen," and "allowfullscreen." If you’re pasting your embed code into another application, make sure these values are being retained.
- The player iframe is contained within another iframe that is missing the fullscreen attributes. Browsers do not allow iframes to enter fullscreen if they are contained within other iframes without these fullscreen attributes. Try inserting the player outside of the container iframe or adding "mozallowfullscreen," "webkitallowfullscreen," and "allowfullscreen" to the container iframe.
- The iframe is contained within a frame. Frame elements cannot enter fullscreen, and neither can any iframes inside of them. We recommend removing all frame tags from your page’s source code.
- Your video is being viewed in Internet Explorer 10 or below, or your webpage is using IE10 document mode or below. Fullscreen on Vimeo is not compatible with IE10 or lower.
If you're not sure if the above cases apply, please contact us, and we’ll investigate further. Be sure to include a link to the page where the video is embedded, so we can take a closer look at your page's source code.