💡Tip: If you're editing a template or creating a video from scratch, you can add music to your video through Create editor. Learn more at 'How do I add music in Create editor?'
In this article, learn how to:
- Add a music track from the Vimeo music library when creating a quick video
- Upload your own music when creating a quick video
To add a music track from the Vimeo music library when creating a quick video
- After establishing your storyboard for your video, you will have the option to add music to your video.
- Hover over each music track to preview it. Select the music track that you would like to be included in your video
- No Music: Toggle this option to select whether or not your video will have music.
- Recommended: Browse music tracks recommended for your video.
- All music: Browse all music tracks available in the music library.
- Recent: Browse music tracks that you've used before
To upload your own music:
You can also upload a music track from your local device if you own the music or have obtained all necessary licenses to incorporate it into a video as required by Vimeo’s Terms of Service.
To upload your own music in Create:
- Select Upload your music in the 'Choose music' step
- Confirm that you agree to Vimeo's music submission terms, as required by Vimeo's Terms of Service.
- Upload your audio file from your local device.
- Currently, it is not possible to add music to individual scenes. Adding music to your video in Create will apply the soundtrack to the entire video.
- By uploading a music track, you are confirming that you own the music or have obtained the necessary licenses to incorporate it into a video as required by Vimeo's Terms of Service.
- Videos that have uploaded music tracks will automatically be set to Private. You will not be able to change the privacy settings on the video.
- Videos containing your uploaded music track will not be able to use the embed feature.
- Subscription services such as Apple Music, Google Play Music, and Spotify do not allow their music to be uploaded and or/used in Create.