In this article, learn how to:
Scenes can be added to a video in the editor by selecting the blue circular button to the left of the timeline.
There are two types of scenes that you can add:
- Photos and Videos: Selecting this scene will open the media menu, allowing you to select a photo or video to use in your scene. Learn more at 'How do I upload or select media for my video in the Vimeo mobile apps?'.
- Title: Add a new scene with text.
- This button is listed as Add Title on Android.
Managing scenes from the storyboard:
Scenes are managed in the storyboard section of the editor. The storyboard can be found at the top of the editor, represented by two overlapping squares with the total number of scenes in the video displayed.
In the storyboard menu, you can:
- Add a new scene by selecting the plus sign (+) in the top-left corner.
- Select a scene’s thumbnail and drag and drop to a new position to change the order of the scene in the video.
- Select the thumbnail of the scene to open the specific scene in the editor.
- Select the Select button at the top right of the menu to select multiple scenes at one time. From there, you can Delete or Hide the scenes from your video.
Select the thumbnail for the scene to open the scene options menu. In this menu, you can:
- Edit: Edit the individual scene in the editor.
- Duplicate: Adds a copy of the scene to the storyboard.
- Hide Scene: Hides the scene from your video when it is playing without deleting it from the video's storyboard.
- Delete scene: Remove the scene from your storyboard and final video.
Selecting the overflow menu icon (…) in the corner of the scene thumbnail will open the scene options menu.
- Replace footage: Opens the photos and videos menu to replace the footage with new media.
- Duplicate scene: Adds a copy of the scene to the storyboard.
- Hide: Hides the scene from your video when it is playing without deleting it from the video while it is playing.
- Delete: Remove the scene from your storyboard and final video.
Managing scenes from the Timeline:
You can also manage scenes from the Timeline. Learn more about how to use the Timeline across the apps at How do I use the Timeline in the Vimeo mobile apps?