Uploading personal music tracks is currently only available in the Vimeo Android app, the Create app for Android and the desktop clients for Create and Create editor. It is not available in the Create app for iOS or the Vimeo iOS app.
In the Android apps, you also have the option of uploading your own, personal audio track to your video.
Currently, one music track can be used per video. Multiple audio tracks cannot be added at this time.
In this article, learn how to:
- Access the music library
- Add a music track from the music library
- Upload your own music from your local device (Android only)
Accessing the music library
You can add music to your scenes in the editor.
- Select the scene where you would like to add music.
- Select the Music icon in the toolbar of the scene.
- The Change Music (Android)/Music(iOS) menu will open.
To add a music track from the music library:
- After opening the music library, browse through the available music tracks. You can select from recently used tracks, recommended tracks, or all music tracks.
💡Tip: Music tracks can also be filtered by moods, genres, type, and categories under the All Music tab.
- Preview any track by selecting the track and then selecting the play button.
- If you would like no music tracks in your video, select the Mute button.
- When you've selected the music track you would like to use in your video, select Done.
Uploading your own audio track from your local device (Android only)
To upload your own, personal audio track:
- Select the Upload Music icon.
- Before uploading your own music from you mobile device, you will need to confirm that you own the music or have obtained all necessary licenses to incorporate it into a video as required by Vimeo’s Terms of Service.
- Select the music file from your device.
- Click “Done” to proceed.
- Currently, it is not possible to add music to individual scenes. Adding music to your video will apply the soundtrack to the entire video.
- By uploading a music track, you are confirming that you own the music or have obtained the necessary licenses to incorporate it into a video as required by Vimeo's Terms of Service.
- Videos that have personal uploaded music tracks will automatically be set to Private. You will not be able to change the privacy settings on the video.
- Videos containing your personal uploaded music track will not be able to use the embed feature.
- Subscription services such as Apple Music, Google Play Music, and Spotify do not allow their music to be uploaded and or/used in Create.