Twitter allows users to stream live videos to their followers. Followers can engage with the stream by liking, sharing, and retweeting just as they would with any other tweet.
To simulcast your stream from Vimeo to Twitter, you will need to use the Custom RTMP option in Vimeo. At this time, we do not have a direct integration with Twitter.
Set up your simulcast
1. Follow Twitter's instructions for using Media Studio Producer, which can be found in Twitter's Help Center at 'Media Studio Producer'. Your Vimeo event would act as your RTMP source. Once you have your RTMP URL and Stream Key from Twitter, you can paste that information into your Vimeo event.
3. Create your Vimeo event. On the Live Settings page, navigate to the Destinations tab. Next to RTMP, click Add.
4. Add an identifying title (e.g. "Twitter"), then paste the server URL from Twitter into the RTMP URL field and paste the Stream Key from Twitter into the Stream key field. Be sure to click Save.
5. Set up the rest of your event on Vimeo as you normally would.
6. When you're ready, go live to Vimeo from your encoder. The feed will appear on Vimeo and will be passed on to your simulcast destinations. You should see your stream in Twitter Media Studio as a source.
7. From here, follow Twitter's instructions for creating a broadcast to go live on Twitter.