This feature requires a Vimeo Advanced, Business, Premium, or Enterprise account with the Events feature added.
Once your webinar is configured and you’re ready to go live, go to your webinar management page (from your video manager, select Live events, then click into the webinar).
Click the Manage production dropdown menu on the webinar management page. There are two options: Stream with Vimeo and Stream via RTMP.
Stream with Vimeo
You should select Stream with Vimeo if you do not have any external equipment or application to produce and stream your webinar. This will take you into our web-based production tool page which allows you to:
- Connect with your webcam and share your screen from the web browser
- Invite guests to join with their webcam and share their screens
- Build and switch between multiple scenes
- Playback videos from your Vimeo account live
- Match your branding with images, logos, and lower thirds.
- Use our live interactive features such as polls, Q&A, and chat.
To go live using this method, click the Start event button in the upper right corner. After a moment your webinar will be live to your audience.
When you’re ready to stop streaming, click End in the upper right corner. You will see a message indicating your stream has ended and have the option to Manage webinar, which will take you back to the webinar management page, or close the window which will refresh the web-based production tool page.
Note that this method does not include simulcasting, Auto CC, and detailed stream health metrics.
Stream via RTMP
You should select Stream via RTMP if you are using an external application to produce and stream your webinar.
- 💡Tip: If you use Livestream Studio, you can also log in to Vimeo and find your webinar event in the Events dropdown as you would for other events.
On this page you will find:
- Your webinar’s RTMPS URL and Stream key, which you can copy and paste into your streaming application.
- If you prefer to preview your stream’s signal before going live to your audience, be sure to toggle the switch next to Preview stream before going live.
- Enterprise users with an additional encoder can also set up a backup stream using the Backup stream key.
On the left side of the page you will find:
- Simulcast destinations
- ⚠️Note: If you choose to simulcast your webinar to other destinations, Vimeo will not be able to gate access to that content or track viewer-level analytics.
- Auto CC
- Stream health
When you start streaming from your external software, a low-resolution preview will appear on the page. If you toggled on the preview switch, be sure to click Go Live in the upper right corner to start streaming to your audience. When your event is over, click End stream to stop the stream.
Completing the webinar
Regardless of your streaming method, all webinars act as recurring events, so you can stream to the same webinar as many times as needed.
If you are fully done using this webinar, go back to the webinar management page and click the Complete event button. This will prompt us to send the follow-up email to your attendees and generate analytics for your webinar.
After completing your event, the account owner will receive an email that recaps your webinar’s performance, including:
- How many total registrants your webinar had
- The average watch time of your webinar
- Total number of views on your event
- A link to your webinar’s analytics
- You’ll see additional suggested actions you can take on your webinar, such as trimming the video, adding chapters, and embedding it elsewhere