Creating a venue requires an Enterprise account with the Events add-on.
Spaces function like virtual rooms within your venue. Within each space, attendees can access your content, chat, react, and participate according to your configurations. Attendees can switch between spaces within your venue to access different types of content or engage with each other. Each space can have different attendee privileges, widgets, and stage content.
In this article:
What can I use spaces for?
Most venues contain one space with a stage where the main presentation takes place. You can share your webcam, desktop screen, or RTMP stream with the stage. Here are some other creative ways we’ve seen users use spaces:
- As a virtual lobby
- For private video chats
- To run breakout sessions
- As a place for sponsor booths / branded experiences
Who can create a space?
Account Owners, Admins, and Contributor Plus team members can manage and edit spaces within your venue. Admins can also create individual spaces that are publicly viewable to all attendees, and admins can make a private space public.
By default, your attendees can only create private spaces, meaning no one else can see their space unless they have invited someone. You can fully disable that functionality within the Venue Settings panel.
Select the hamburger menu at the bottom left of the venue to see the list of spaces that have been configured. Add additional spaces by selecting the + icon.
You can click on each space to customize its settings. Go to the gear icon in the top right and then Edit this space to configure your space.
In the (•••) menu at the top right corner of the edit space panel, you can access the option to set the primary space or delete the space. The primary space is where attendees land when they enter the venue. It is open to all attendees and cannot be made private.
The following settings are available to customize for each space within your venue in the Edit space panel.
- Edit space name
- Change background image
- Choose from available images or upload your own. You can also search Unsplash for royalty-free images.
- Change icon
- Choose from suggested icons, text, emojis, or upload your own. You may also customize the color of your icon background.
- Toggle on/off public space
- All attendees can enter a public space. Toggle off the public to make a space invite only.
- Toggle on/off attendee group chat
- Toggle on/off moderation for the space
- With moderation on, attendee cameras and microphones are disabled. Attendees can request to participate by raising their hand.
- Toggle on/off open stage
- When the open stage is on, attendees can present to the stage.
- Toggle on/off allow raise hand
- Options for moderated reactions
- You may moderate reactions by rating (G, PG, PG13) or choose a fixed set of reactions to be made available to your attendees.