Screeners let you send a free streaming-only copy of your video to anyone you'd like to help promote your film. Screeners are time-sensitive; you control the window of access.
You get 100 free Screeners every month to send out at no cost to you. After that, they cost you $1 for each additional sent.
In this article
- What can I do with screeners?
- How do I send a screener?
- How do I watch a screener?
- How do I delete a screener?
What can I do with screeners?
Send a streaming copy of your work to those you want to see it (with a set expiration time of up to 90 days). We recommend using screeners to send to the following:
- Press/Bloggers - Before your product goes on sale, send it to any press or bloggers who might want to review your movie.
- Producers - Send rough cuts of your work to producers, so they can quickly view it without downloading.
- Friends - Get editing/music/color advice on your piece from your closest friends. Send them a copy of your rough cut.
How do I send a screener?
Screeners can be sent by following these steps:
- From the menu bar in the admin, select Products > Promote.
- Select Manage screeners, then click Send screener.
- Choose which video to send from the Video to send drop-down menu.
- Enter the email addresses of the recipient(s); multiple emails can be separated by commas.
- Select the number of days the viewer should have access; you can select between 1 and 90 days.
- Include an optional personal message to the recipient.
- Set sharing to on or off.
- OFF: Recipient will be blocked if accessed from more than 3 devices or 2 different locations per day.
- ON: Recipients may watch as many times as they want and share with other people.
- Select Send Screener.
How do I watch a screener?
Recipients will get an email with a special watch link, which will send them to a webpage that will stream their film and let them know when the link expires. Here's an example:
Note that screeners can only be viewed in a browser and not in branded apps (if you have them).
An expiration countdown begins as soon as the recipient clicks the watch link. After that, the screener can be accessed at any point throughout the viewing window.
How do I delete a screener?
To delete a screener, click the drop-down arrow button on the Screener you wish to delete, then click Revoke access.
⚠️Note: When you delete a screener, it will remove access to view the screener for the recipient. If they are on the screening page, they will be able to finish the video.