Vimeo OTT supports a number of different image sizes that can be displayed for your content.
Once you have uploaded your image content, you may choose to configure your categories to display a different image type than the standard 16:9 Primary Thumbnail. This is useful for giving your customers a more varied browsing experience and to help provide a visual differentiator in the kinds of content you are providing.
For instance, if you had a category for New Movie Releases, you may want to leverage the Vertical Keyart option for the category because customers may associate vertical posters with movies. In another scenario, you may be offering a Learning Series and want to leverage the Square Keyart to let customers know that the content within is different from your other videos.
⚠️Note: At this time, alternative images are not yet supported on mobile apps. If you have branded mobile apps, your mobile users will see the default primary thumbnail instead of a custom thumbnail.
How do I configure category appearance using alternative images?
To configure your category to use the different image types:
- Navigate to the Content tab and click on Categories.
- Select the category you wish to edit, then select Discovery.
- Scroll down to Category content appearance.
- From here, you will see the options for configuring the image type that your category will use. You may select between the Primary Thumbnail (Default), Vertical, or Square image types.
- Once this is selected, your category will use this image type when displaying the category contents to your customers.
⚠️Note: If you have not provided custom images for the specified type, we will use the automatically created image that is based on your Primary Thumbnail.