This article discusses where to find your Purchases and common issues you might encounter while making a VOD purchase.
In this article
Where can I find my Purchases tab?
Visit the Vimeo On Demand page and ensure you're logged into your Vimeo account. Then click Purchases in the top navigation bar to find your active rentals, subscriptions, and purchases.
Issues accessing a VOD purchase
If you aren’t able to access a title you bought, a few things may have happened with your purchase:
Did you choose to rent the title?
- If so, please check the title’s rental period on its Vimeo On Demand page. If you are not able to access or view the video, your rental period might have ended.
- Vimeo is unable to extend rental periods. However, you may contact the seller directly to request an extension. To do this, log in to your Vimeo account and visit the VOD page. Scroll down and find the Message button to reach the seller. Please note that you must follow at least one other person on Vimeo to message another user.
Could you purchase the film under a different Vimeo account?
- To access your purchase, you must be logged in to the same Vimeo account you used to purchase the title originally. If you need help accessing the account you used to make your purchase, let us know and we can help out.
- If you purchased the video on the wrong account and would like to transfer it, you will need to re-purchase the title on your primary account. Please contact us to get the first charge refunded.
Does your payment show up as ‘pending’?
- If your billing statement doesn’t indicate that the charge went through successfully yet, the charge may be still awaiting authorization. In this case, if the charge doesn’t go through successfully, it will eventually clear from your billing statement. The VOD will not be accessible until the charge authorizes. If you continue to have trouble and do not see the charge go through, you may wish to contact your financial institution to ask for more information.
- Your payment method may have failed. If we aren’t able to charge your payment method successfully, then your purchase won’t go through, and you’ll need to try making the purchase again.
Your purchase or video playback may have failed due to issues with your web browser. Here are a few steps to try to troubleshoot and resolve this:
- Make sure your browser is up to date.
- Reset your browser by clearing the cache and history.
- Try a different browser like Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Make sure you are signed in to the same Vimeo account from where you made the purchase.