This feature requires a Vimeo Enterprise plan. See more about this integration here.
The Vimeo app for Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) empowers marketers to leverage Vimeo video assets in email marketing campaigns and CloudPages.
Please note that if you do not have the Vimeo app for Salesforce Marketing Cloud installed, you will need to reach out to your TPM/CSM or account executive for assistance. As a Vimeo Enterprise user, you and your team members must be licensed to access the Vimeo application within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud, otherwise, you will not see it available in SFMC.
In this article:
- How to get started with the Vimeo app for SFDC
- How to access the Vimeo app in SFMC
- Complete oAuth for SFMC
- Vimeo App homepage overview
How to get started with the Vimeo app for SFDC
First, you must allow Across Enterprise Sharing within SFDC in order to create assets to embed them in email. To enable Across Enterprise Sharing follow these steps:
- Navigate to the SFMC avatar drop-down menu > Setup
- Navigate to Platform Tools > Feature Settings > Content Builder Settings
- Audit Across Enterprise Sharing settings and ensure Enterprise Sharing is Enabled. If not, Edit and enable.
⚠️Note: It is recommended to have an embed preset defined either for all Vimeo video uploads and/or for videos that will be used in Marketing efforts. This will allow for easier management of "embed in web" flows from within Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Learn more about embed presets here.
How to access the Vimeo app in SFMC
There are several ways to engage with the Vimeo App for Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- AppExchange > Vimeo App: This allows you to access the Vimeo app to audit your Video Library, manage video settings, create gifs/thumbnails, or trim video assets.
- WebStudio > CloudPages: This allows you to access your CloudPages and invoke the Vimeo for Web content block to embed videos onto landing pages.
- Email Studio > Email: This allows you to access your Emails and Email Templates and invoke the Vimeo for Email content block to embed videos onto landing pages.
Complete oAuth for SFMC
The first time you engage with the Vimeo App for Salesforce Marketing Cloud, you will be prompted to login and complete oAuth. This allows SFMC to identify you and which videos you should be able to see for their Enterprise account within Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
You will be presented with a permission grant and must select Allow.
After selecting Allow, you will be returned to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud and now be able to engage with the Vimeo app.
You will see the Vimeo app installed under the AppExchange menu after it has been installed and you have logged in with oAuth. You can open the app from AppExchange. Read on to learn more about what you can do from the Vimeo app homepage.
Vimeo App homepage overview
When you launch the Vimeo app from AppExchange, you will see your Video Library as well as the following items:
- Folder Menu: This allows you to navigate your Video Library based on its folder hierarchy.
- Analytics Dashboard: This link takes you to Vimeo Video Analytics to perform analysis.
- Upload: This link takes you to the Vimeo Upload page to upload a new video. After uploading, you can refresh the Vimeo App in SFMC to see that video listed in your Library. Upload presets are honored.
- Search: This allows you to search across all content you have access to within your connected Enterprise account.
You can also engage with quick actions against a video by selecting the “…” menu. The quick actions include:
- Create Gif: Generate a gif for your video by launching the SFMC Gif Partner Product. Learn more.
- Create Thumbnail: Generate a thumbnail for your video by launching the SFMC Thumbnail Partner Product. Learn more.
- Embed in Email: Enter into a step-by-step workflow to select either a gif or thumbnail asset to port to content builder, allowing that asset to be embedded in an email. Learn more.
- Trim Video: Trim your video by launching the SFMC Trim Partner Product. Learn more.
- View Video: Access the video manage page on Vimeo if you have edit access, or the view video page if you do not have edit access to the video.
- Settings: Link to the video settings page for the asset in SFMC. Video Settings can also be accessed by clicking on a video tile or video title from the app homepage. Learn more.
⚠️Note: This integration does not support adding registration forms within SFMC and also does not include the ability to send data from registration forms to SFMC.