If you believe you are authorized to use all of the content in your video or your video does not contain copyrighted content, you may challenge this claim by visiting our Rights Management Center and clicking the Appeal link that corresponds to your video on the right side of the page.
If you choose to do this, you must be ready to:
- Provide reasons for challenging the claim - i.e., that you have a right to use the content or information about why the use of the content falls under a “fair use” exception (you can read more about what qualifies as “fair use” here);
- Provide evidence supporting your challenge, including proof of ownership - e.g., the license showing you have rights to the content. Please make sure to include the geographic scope of your license (i.e., countries in which you have been granted rights). If this license is not in English, please provide a translation.
- Agree to the statement that,
- you are making the challenge in good faith;
- the information you have provided is true, complete, and accurate;
- you consent to the information being shared with the claimant; and
- you consent to the relevant jurisdiction.
- Provide your electronic signature.
Once we receive this information, we will review it and inform you of our decision.
Other important information
- Where relevant, we may request additional information necessary to process your challenge. In those cases, we ask that you provide that information promptly. If you fail to provide the required information, your request may not be processed further.
- Vimeo may disclose challenges or challenge decisions with affected users, rightsholders, and third-party databases that collect information about copyright takedown notices and challenges.