The features outlined below require a paid Vimeo plan - Pro and above or Standard and above as well as the Vimeo iOS app
You can record a new video directly in the Vimeo iOS app. You can either record a video using your device’s camera(s) or by capturing the screen of your device.
If you have a paid Vimeo plan - Pro and above or Standard and above you can also use AI to develop a script for your video.
Recording a video using your device’s camera
From the home screen of the Vimeo iOS app, select the New Video button. It is a blue circle with a white plus sign (+) between the Home and Library buttons.
There are three buttons on the bottom bar, below the record button: Script, Camera Settings, and Camera Selection.
Select the script button to write a script for your recording or use AI to write one for you (with a paid Vimeo plan - Pro and above or Standard and above). This script will be used as a teleprompter, allowing you to read from it as you record your video.
To use AI to generate a script:
- From the Script screen, select Generate.
- Describe your video’s topic and any talking points you’d like to cover.
- Use the dropdown menu to select the tone of the script. You can select from Confident, Funny, Direct, Inspiring, Casual, or Formal.
- Select Generate in the top-right corner to generate a new script using AI. You can manually edit the script until it fits your project.
- When you are happy with your script, select Save.
- The script will display on your screen as an overlay for a teleprompter. The teleprompter will not appear in your final video.
Learn how to customize the appearance of your mobile teleprompter at How can I customize the mobile teleprompter?