Search engines like Google, Bing, and others use methods such as crawling and indexing to build search results.
You can learn more about how search engines work at the following sites:
- Google Developers - In-depth guide to how Google Search works
- Microsoft Support - How Bing delivers search results
Unfortunately, we do not control how third-party search engines index our site.
Here are some ways to help your Vimeo page or videos display on third-party search engines.
- Give your video an accurate, concise title, a detailed description, and an appropriate set of search tags containing only the most relevant keywords that pertain to your video.
- This helps ensure that it can be effectively indexed in Vimeo’s search engine as well as external search engines like Google or Bing.
- Link your content from any websites or social media accounts that you have to help boost viewer engagement.
Please note that we cannot control such as the time it takes search engines to crawl and index our site.
💡Tip: Accounts with a Business, Premium, Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise membership can utilize Vimeo’s SEO tool to help display Showcases. Learn more at Search Engine Optimization (SEO) with showcases.