Vimeo respects your videos and your right to decide who watches them. Privacy options allow you to upload videos and choose who can see them. Private videos will not show up in search results on Vimeo or in other search engine results.
To access the privacy settings of your video, click on your video in the video manager. On the video’s edit page, click the Privacy tab to the right of the player. You can select from the following privacy options to determine who can see your video:
- Private (Plus and higher only) - Make video visible only to people who have the link. (Your video cannot appear in channels or groups, and any credits you’ve added will be removed.)
- Password (Plus and higher only) - Protect this video with a password (Note: you can share password-protected videos with non-Vimeo members).
- Hide from Vimeo (Plus and higher only) - This video can be embedded on other sites but can’t be viewed on vimeo.com. (Your video cannot appear in channels and groups but can still be added to showcases and portfolios.)
- Only me - Make this video visible to you and select team members (Admins and Contributors), and no one else
- Public - Allow anyone to see this video.
The above privacy settings can also be adjusted for videos in bulk from the video manager by selecting the video(s) and then clicking Privacy.
Below these settings, you can select from the following privacy options for video embedding:
- Anywhere - Enable people to embed this video on any site
- Nowhere - Do not allow anyone to embed this video
- Specific domains (Plus and higher only) - Specify sites on which people can embed this video
To determine who can comment on your video, navigate to Advanced, then in the General tab, scroll down to Privacy and choose from the "Who can comment?" menu:
- Anyone – Allow anyone to leave comments on this video
- No one – Do not allow anyone to comment on this video
- Note for Pro members and higher: If you select No one, the Review page button on your video edit page and recipient page for private videos will be disabled. Go to Advanced > Collaboration > Review tools instead to access this page.
- Only people I follow – I want only people I follow to be able to leave comments
Pro members and higher can also create video review pages, which are semi-private, unlisted video pages intended for sharing with clients, collaborators, or anyone else you want to share your video with.
Basic members will need to upgrade to a Vimeo Plus, Pro, Business, or Premium membership to unlock all video privacy settings.