Basic membership is perfect for a taste of Vimeo. As a Basic member, you receive:
- 500MB per week of upload space
- Unlimited bandwidth in the Vimeo player
- Basic embedding features
- Basic stats for your videos
- The ability to download converted video files
- Password protection and other basic privacy controls for your videos
- The ability to upload up to 10 videos per day
- The ability to create 1 Channel, 1 Group, and 3 Albums
✦ Guidelines for Basic members
Basic membership is free forever, so as long as you are following our Guidelines and logging in every once in a while, your account will remain intact. We consider accounts that have not been used for a full year to be inactive, and we reserve the right to remove inactive accounts. Not to worry though, we’ll give you plenty of advance notice if your account is in danger of deletion due to inactivity, and you’ll have an opportunity to reactivate it.
Businesses may not use Basic or Plus accounts to host videos. If you want to upload commercial videos, you must use Vimeo PRO or Business. Commercial content includes:
- Videos promoting or representing a for-profit business or brand
- Videos containing any form of advertising
- Videos hosted on behalf of a business (i.e., uploaded to Vimeo and embedded on your company’s website)
- Product demos and tutorials
There are exceptions, however! If you are an independent production company, author, artist, or non-profit, you may use any account type (Basic, Plus, PRO, or Business) to showcase your work.
You can go to vimeo.com/upgrade to compare our plans and upgrade to Vimeo Plus, PRO or Business at anytime.
✦ Lapsing from paid membership to Basic membership
Most of the video platforms that offer free storage are financially supported by in-stream advertising. Vimeo, on the other hand, is a proudly ad-free and subscriber-supported video platform. The cost of our Plus, PRO, and Business memberships covers the expenses of all of the services we provide, including feature development, uploading and conversion, video storage, and video playback.
Because video storage and delivery are ongoing costs to our business, there is a limit to how much storage we can offer to our free members. As a Plus, PRO, or Business member, if you downgrade from a paid membership plan to Basic, you still get to keep 10GB of the video you uploaded most recently during your membership. The rest of your videos will be stored in our archives for one year, and will be instantly restored if you choose to renew.
If you recently downgraded to Basic, you can visit this page for more information.