Pro members can add up to 3 team members to their account and Vimeo Business and Premium members can add up to 10. If you are Enterprise, the number of team members you can add is determined based on your contract; please contact your account manager if you have questions about this.
Tip: To get started building your team using our guided onboarding workflow, click here.
Note for Enterprise Accounts: If you enable SSO on your Vimeo account, you can use SAML or SCIM to add and remove individual team members as well as groups. If you don’t have SSO and/or SCIM configured, contact your account manager for more information.
- Adding a team member to your account
- Accepting an invitation to join a team
- Removing a team member from your account
Adding a team member to your account
To add a team member to your account, follow these steps:
- Click the Manage Team tab in your Account Settings. You’ll see all your existing team members on this page (by default, it’s just you listed there).
- Click the + Add team member link on the right side of the page.
- In the module that opens, enter your team member’s email address, then select viewer, uploader, contributor, or admin from the dropdown menu. For contributors, you’ll need to select the folder they’ll be working out of before you send the invite.
You can also add a contributor directly to a folder from your Video Manager by following these steps:
- Select the folder you want to add a contributor to.
- Click the + icon between your profile picture and the Video Manager search bar. A menu will appear that shows all the team members currently in the folder (by default, it’s just you).
- Click Add.
- Type in the email address of the contributor. (Tip: If they have an existing Vimeo account, enter the email address associated with it.)
- Hit Send. They will receive an invite to your folder.
Any person you invite to be a team member on your account will need to log into their own Vimeo account or create a Vimeo account (if they don’t have one) before they can accept your invitation. Make sure the email address you invite matches the email address your team member uses to create an account.
After you (the account owner) send the invite, the team member will appear in your team list with a status of “Pending.” If the person you’ve added still hasn’t responded to your invite, you can send them a reminder. Hover over the “Pending” status and click the “Send reminder” link that appears. We will also send them a reminder automatically if they have not responded within 24 hours
If your team member is having trouble receiving the invite email, you can send them a direct invite URL by hovering over the Pending status and clicking “Copy invite link” and sending it directly to your team member. Please note that this link is unique to each individual team member, so it can’t be used to invite others to the account. Once a team member accepts the invitation, the “Copy invite link” option will not appear any longer.
Removing a team member from your account
You can revoke a team member’s access to your Vimeo account at any time by clicking the gray “X” at the end of the member’s row on the Manage Team page. Only the account owner has the ability to remove team members from an account, but admins can remove contributors from a folder.