All Vimeo members can add custom cover videos to the top of their profile and choose the order in which featured videos appear on the front page. You can also upload a profile picture, choose a custom Vimeo URL, and include a short bio with links to your other sites.
Visit your profile page or the Profile tab of your account settings to edit your profile.
On the Profile tab in your account settings, you can:
- Upload a profile picture (recommended dimensions are 600x600)
- Write a short bio that will appear on the front page of your profile (160 characters max)
- Write a description that will appear on your About page (2000 characters max)
- List your location that will appear on your About page
- Create a custom URL (like vimeo.com/staff)
- Add links to social sites (they appear as icons on your profile page and About page)
Make your Vimeo profile your very own by adding a custom cover video. Choose an entire video, or just a clip, to play silently on loop at the top of your profile.
To get started, click the "Custom video" button on the right side of your profile page. In the module that pops up, select one of your videos — public or private — and hit “Next.” On the following screen, you have the option to trim your video so only a portion of it plays back on loop at the top of your profile.
Clicking “Next” again takes you to a screen where you can position your video. This crop of your video has a max aspect ratio of 1:3.33 — for example, 1920x540 — but will change based on the width of the browser viewing your profile. When you’re happy with how things look, hit “Save.”
You can choose up to 10 videos to feature on the front page of your profile, and you get to pick the order in which they appear. On your profile page, click “Edit profile” and hit the “Featured videos” tab to get started. You can choose up to 10 videos that you own to feature on the front page of your profile. You choose the order in which they appear, but they have to be public videos.
Retired profile page design
If you joined Vimeo before October 2016, you probably saw the old profile page design. While the old profile page was very near and dear to our hearts, we saw a few major issues with it:
- The old page didn’t allow creators to personalize their page
- You couldn’t choose the order of the videos
- There wasn’t a proper place to include links to your sites and social channels
- They were looking pretty cluttered and antiquated near the end!
The new profile pages allow creators to customize the page more by adding a cover video. Creators can also now choose the order of their featured videos (up to 10!), and add links to their other places on the web more elegantly.
Hiding your profile from Vimeo
If you'd prefer to to hide your profile from Vimeo, you'll need to enable Private Mode on your account. Basic and Vimeo Plus members will need to upgrade to Vimeo PRO or Business to unlock Private Mode.