Embedding allows you to take your video — or someone else's video — and post it on a web page outside of Vimeo. For example, you can embed a video on your blog and then people can watch your video there without having to visit Vimeo.
Basic members can customize the following features of the embedded player:
- Player size
- Text and play bar colors
- Show or hide your portrait, byline, and video title in the player
To get your video's embed code, go to its video page and click the "Share" button. Then click the "+Show options" link that appears above the embed code field to reveal a preview of your embedded video with the Basic customization options. Once you've made your adjustments, you can copy the embed code and paste it wherever you'd like to embed your video.
Vimeo Plus, PRO, and Business members enjoy complete control over the embedded player including the options to:
- Show or hide the "Share," "Like," and "Watch Later" buttons
- Show or hide the Vimeo logo, play bar, volume control, and fullscreen buttons
- Choose what gets displayed after the video finishes playing
- Choose which specific sites the video can appear on
Vimeo Business, PRO, and Plus members have the power to disable embedding altogether in the privacy settings of their videos.
To get complete control over your embed settings, upgrade to Vimeo Plus, Vimeo PRO, or Vimeo Business.