Vimeo Business, PRO, and Plus membership gives you complete control over every aspect of the embedded video player.
✦ Customization options
There are two ways to edit the embed settings for your videos. You can either edit the embedded setting for an individual video on the Embed tab of its video settings, or you can create Embed presets in your Account settings and then apply those to multiple videos.
Any time you change the custom embed options for a particular video, that video will automatically update on sites where it has already been embedded. Remember, these changes will only be reflected when your video is embedded on another web page, not on Vimeo.com.
✦ Player Preferences
What do you want to show to your viewers before your video starts playing? You have the choice to show or hide your portrait, title, and/or byline when the embedded video first loads.
✦ Colors and buttons
Enter a hex color code to choose the exact color you want for the text and play bar. Select or deselect the check boxes to choose which of the following elements you want to appear in the embedded player: Like button, Watch Later button, Share button, Embed button, Fullscreen button, play bar, volume control, Vimeo logo.
✦ End screens
End screens (formerly known as outros) help you connect with your viewers after your video finishes playing by letting them know where to go next. You can drive engagement and conversions with the following customizable end screen options:
- More videos: Showcase three of your public videos or the latest three videos from one of your channels, groups, or albums. You also have the option to add a background image to your video’s end screen.
- Share options: Display social share icons and the video URL after the video finishes playing. You also have the option to override your video URL with a custom URL and add a background image to your video’s end screen.
- Custom image: Display an image after the video finishes playing. You also have the option to make the custom image a clickable link.
- Call to action (CTA): Display a button with a custom link to seamlessly direct viewers straight to your site, product page, or anywhere else on the Internet. You also have the option to add a title, description, additional custom link, and background image to your video’s end screen.
If you’d prefer something simpler, you also have the following options for what happens after your embedded video finishes playing:
- Thumbnail: This video will return to the beginning thumbnail after it finishes playing.
- Empty: Your video will not show anything after it finishes playing.
- Loop: Your video will loop after it finishes playing, infinitely.
Except for the Thumbnail and Loop options, there is a replay button in the bottom left corner of every end screen.
All the end screens listed above are selectable from a drop down menu under the End screen heading in the Embed tab of your video settings.
Vimeo Business members can also add an email capture screen to their embedded videos, which appears before the end screen.
✦ Player Logo
Vimeo Business and PRO members have the option to add their company logo to the embedded player (Plus members may not use Vimeo for commercial purposes). To upload a logo, go to the Videos tab in your Account Settings, select the Player Logo tab, and then click the “Upload new image” link. We recommend using transparent 200×200 PNG files for best results.
After the logo finishes uploading, click the Videos tab and choose the video you want to add your logo to. Then, in the Embed tab of your video settings, check the box next to "Use a custom logo" and click on the logo you want to use. Make sure it becomes highlighted with a blue box, then click Save Changes.
✦ Domain-level privacy
With domain-level privacy, you can specify the websites that are permitted to embed your video. Any sites that are not on your list will receive an error message when they attempt to embed it. Take that, unauthorized sites!
To set it up domain-level privacy, head to video page and click Settings below the video player. From there, click over to the Privacy tab. In the “Where can this video be embedded?” section, select “Only on sites I choose,” then add the domain names for the sites where you'd like your video to be embedded.
✦ Embed Presets
To easily apply the same custom embed settings to multiple videos, you can create an embed preset under the Videos tab in your Account settings. Click +Add new preset, name it, make your customization choices, and hit the Save button (you have the option to apply your new preset to all your videos by checking the box next to "Also apply to all existing videos").
You can apply your new preset to an individual video by heading to its video page and clicking the Settings button below the player. On the Embed tab, select the desired preset from the dropdown below the preview of your embedded player, then hit the Save button.
✦ Small embedded players
If your embedded video is less than 375px wide, some of the embed elements will be hidden.
- Mini Mode is activated if the player is smaller than 375px wide. In Mini Mode, the portrait, volume slider, Vimeo logo, and custom outros are hidden.
- Tiny Mode is activated if the player is smaller than 300px wide or 170px tall. In Tiny Mode, the portrait, title, control bar, Vimeo logo, Like / Watch Later / Share buttons, and custom outros are hidden.
- PRO Members: If you’re using a custom logo in the player, the criteria for Mini Mode and Tiny Mode are a bit different. Mini mode is activated when the player is smaller than 450px wide. Tiny mode is activated if the player is smaller than 338px or 190px tall.
✦ Third-party players
Vimeo’s embed and privacy settings only apply to the embedded Vimeo player. If you’re a Vimeo Business or PRO member using a third-party player links, Vimeo’s embed customizations will not apply. However, the third-party player might support its own set of customizations — check out their support documentation for more info.