Uploading to Vimeo should be quick and easy. If an upload takes longer than expected to finish, or fails completely, read on.
Slow uploads may be resolved by trying the following:
- Close additional tabs or network processes that may be using upload bandwidth
- Disable browser extensions or other software that may be throttling upload bandwidth
- Reduce the size of the source file by exporting with these compression guidelines
- Check with your Internet service provider (ISP) for potential service disruptions
Tip: You can roughly calculate the expected duration of an upload by dividing the size of the file by your current upload speed. For example:
2 GB / 5 Mbps = 53.3 minutes
To determine your current upload speed, we recommend using this test. To do the calculation above, simply type a query like this into Google: “2 GB / 5 Mbps”
If your uploads are consistently failing, try these tips:
- Do not leave the upload page until the upload has completed successfully. Leaving the page early will cancel the upload.
- Disable any browser extensions or add-ons that may be restricting your network access.
- Make sure that you are uploading a valid video file. Audio files (such as MP3s), project files (such as dvdproj files), and other non-video files are not accepted.
- Ensure that your uploads complete within 24 hours. Anything that takes longer will be automatically cancelled. See Slow uploads section above.
Still need help?
Don’t hesitate to contact us.