You can easily discover great collections or browse through different categories to find films, series, and videos available through Vimeo On Demand (VOD). Click on any title to read a full description, watch a trailer, and make a purchase.
You can watch your purchased video right away, or anytime within the specified viewing period. Simply log in to Vimeo at vimeo.com/ondemand and click "Purchases" in the top navigation bar to find your active rentals, subscriptions, and purchases.
In this article:
Rent, buy, subscribe
Once you’ve picked your Vimeo On Demand video, you can make three kinds of purchases:
- Rent: When you rent a VOD, you will be able to stream all the videos attached or added to it anytime during the specified rental period, including bonus content. If you select the option "Rent All," you get access to all of the current videos as well as any that are added to the Vimeo on Demand page during the specified rental period.
- Buy: When you buy a VOD, you will be able to stream its videos for as long as they remain on Vimeo. If the seller allows, you will also be able to download the videos to your computer and devices, DRM-free. If you select the option “Buy All,” you get access to any videos added to the VOD page for as long as it remains online, including bonus features.
- Subscribe: When you subscribe to a series, you have unlimited streaming access to all current videos on that series page, as well as any future videos that get added (including bonus content), as long as you maintain an active subscription for a recurring monthly fee.
Purchasing outside of the U.S.
You can pay in another currency if the Seller has chosen to accept it.
Vimeo currently supports the following currencies:
U.S. Dollar (USD)
Australian Dollar (AUD)
Canadian Dollar (CAD)
British Pounds Sterling (GBP)
Danish Krone (DKK)
Japanese Yen (JPY)
Norwegian Krone (NOK)
Polish Zloty (PLN)
South Korean Won (KRW)
Swedish Krona (SEK)
Swiss Franc (CHF)
We'll continue to add more options in the future.
If you aren’t able to access a title you bought, a few things may have happened with your purchase:
- Did you choose to “Rent” the title? If so, please check the title’s rental period on its Vimeo On Demand page in case your rental period has ended.
- Vimeo is unable to extend rental periods, however you may contact the seller directly to request an extension. To do this, log in to your Vimeo account and then visit the VOD page. Scroll down and find the Message button to reach the creator. Please note that you must be following at least one person on Vimeo in order to message another user.
- Is it possible that you purchased the film under a different Vimeo account? In order to access your purchase, you must be logged in to the same Vimeo account you used to purchase the title originally. If you need help accessing the account you used to make your purchase, let us know and we can help out.
- If you purchased the video on the wrong account and would like to transfer it, you will need to re-purchase the title on your primary account. Please contact us to get the first charge refunded.
- The charge may be pending. If your billing statement doesn’t indicate that the charge went through successfully yet, it’s possible that the charge is still awaiting authorization. In this case, if the charge doesn’t go through successfully, it will eventually clear from your billing statement.
- Your payment method may have failed. If we aren’t able to charge your payment method successfully, then your purchase won’t go through, and you’ll need to try making the purchase again.
- Your purchase may have failed due to issues with your web browser. Try these steps to resolve:
- Make sure your browser is up to date.
- Reset your browser by clearing the cache and history.
- Try a different browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
If you have questions about the status of your purchase, contact us so we can take a look on our end.