Some titles may have different distribution agreements for different global regions. For this reason, some of the titles on vimeo.com/ondemand are only available for purchase in certain countries.
If the title you want to watch isn't currently available in your region, you're welcome to reach out to the creator for more information (via the Message button on the title’s Vimeo On Demand page). They may be able to tell you where you can watch it in your country.
Some Vimeo On Demand titles can only be viewed on one device at a time. There are also limits on how many different titles can be streamed concurrently on different devices.
If you encounter the, "Hold up. You're streaming from too many places at once!" error in the player, reduce the number of simultaneous streams occurring on your account. If you continue having trouble, please contact us.
Deauthorizing a device
If you see the error message “Sorry, you’ve hit your max. # of authorized devices,” you will need to deauthorize one of your current devices in order to authorize the new one.
Follow these steps to deauthorize a device:
- Visit https://vimeo.com/settings/apps#devices
- Authorized devices will appear at the bottom of this page
- Click the green button next to the authorized device you want to remove
- Now you'll be able to authorize a new device
Please be aware that you can only deauthorize up to two devices within a 90-day period.
Viewing environment restrictions
Some Vimeo On Demand videos have Digital Rights Management (DRM) enabled, meaning they can only be played in certain viewing environments. If you see this error message, you’re likely trying to watch in a version of your browser that’s not supported, or on a version of your device’s OS that’s not supported.
- If you’re viewing in a browser: Try updating your browser to see if that helps.
- If you’re viewing on a mobile device: Try updating your mobile device’s version of iOS or Android, or viewing on a device with an up-to-date OS version.
- If you’re viewing on a connected TV device: Try viewing the video on your computer, or on an iOS or Android device. Support for viewing DRM-enabled videos on connected TV devices is only available for Android at the moment!
If you continue to have difficulty playing the video, please contact us.
✦ Supported browsers for DRM playback
- Chrome 35+ (Windows and Mac)
- Firefox 47+ (Windows and Mac)
- Internet Explorer 11+ (Windows 8.1+)
- Microsoft Edge (Windows 10+)
- Safari 9+ (OS X)
- Opera 33+ (Windows 10+)
- DRM is not officially supported on Linux for all browsers
- Vimeo Mobile App on Android 4.3+
- Mobile Web: Android 4.4+ (Chrome 35+)
- Android TV App
- Vimeo Mobile App: iOS 6.1.2+
- DRM is not currently supported on Mobile Web (all browsers) for IOS devices.