With video history, members can see a log of changes made to any given video in its settings. This functionality serves to increase transparency and team collaboration by providing an at-a-glance view of all the changes associated with a video since its upload.
To get to the History tab of any given video, follow these steps:
- Navigate to that video from the video manager.
- Click Settings on the right side of the page.
- Open the Collaboration tab and head down to the History section, where you’ll be able to see when settings changed on a clip and the date of the change.
- If you have team members who make video edits or upload on your account, your history will also show you which team member made the change.
- If neither you nor your team members have made any edits, the History section will only show the date of upload and the uploader. If the video was uploaded before January 2, 2018, you will not see anything.
Note: The history will show the general type of edit — a change in basic settings, privacy settings, embed settings, review page settings, collections, or file actions (such as the initial upload itself). However, it won’t show what specific edit was made.
- Eg., if someone changed the download settings, the History section will say “[Team member] updated the download settings,” but not what they changed about the settings specifically.