When you create a live event, you can select one of the following privacy options. These can also be adjusted at any time before or during the event.
- Anyone can see this event - This setting means there are no privacy restrictions on the event. Anyone who accesses the URL associated with this event can view the event, both on Vimeo and when the video is embedded.
- Only I can see this event - This means only the account owner can view this event, both on Vimeo or in the embedded player.
- Only people I follow can see this event - This setting means that only accounts followed by the owner of the account managing the live event can view the event, both on Vimeo and in the embedded player. The viewers must be logged into Vimeo in their browser in order to view the event.
- Only people with a password can see this event - This setting prompts you to create a password, and only those who input this password can view the event. Only one password can be created per event.
- Only people with a private link can see this event - This setting means that in order to view the event, a viewer must access the Vimeo page through the private link. The event cannot be found via search or watched in the embedded player.
- Hide this event from Vimeo.com - This means the broadcast cannot be watched on its Vimeo page, and can only be seen embedded on another site. This setting is most commonly used in conjunction with our domain-level embed privacy.
In the Set Privacy menu on the live event settings page, you can also enable domain-level embed privacy by adjusting the option Where can this event be embedded?
- Anywhere is fully open privacy.
- Nowhere disables embedding completely.
- Only on sites I choose allows you to input the specific URLs that are allowed to host the embedded player.
Once a broadcast is archived, the Privacy Options for uploaded videos become available as well. In addition to the settings mentioned above, in the Privacy tab of the Settings page for the archive, you’ll also find the following options:
- Who can watch? This contains all options listed above, plus People I choose which allows you to select specific Vimeo accounts who are allowed to view this archive both on Vimeo and the embedded player.
- Who can comment - This allows you to select Anyone, No one, or People I follow to leave comments your archive’s comment section on Vimeo.
- People can download this video - This allows you to enable or disable downloads of your archive from Vimeo.
- People can add to collections - This allows you to enable or disable this archive being added to collections on Vimeo.