Vimeo's integration with Slack gives you the ability to set up notifications for your team members regarding shared folders. For each folder, you can choose which notifications your team sees within their Slack workspace.
To enable a Slack connection, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Video Manager.
- Click the plus (+) icon next to Videos to create a new folder, or edit an existing folder by hovering over its name in the sidebar and clicking the icon of the three dots, then clicking Settings. You should see two tabs: Info and Notifications. In the Info tab, you can add or edit a folder's name, add team members to contribute work to that folder, or delete the folder.
- Select the Notifications tab to connect your folder to Slack. In the window that opens, specify Slack workspace using the drop-down menu in the upper right corner. It will ask for permissions (this may need to be approved by your Slack administrator or owner, depending on your Slack account's settings). Once it's connected, you can choose which type of updates get pushed to Slack and in what language.
- Once configured, be sure to click Create.
Please note the following:
- Folders are private workspaces, so only team members that have been added to that folder will have full access to the folder. If someone in your connected Slack channel isn't a team member of that folder, they may see updates on content that they don't have full access to on Vimeo. Be sure to add them as a team member to your folder so everyone's able to collaborate together.
- In addition, please note that only account owners and team admins can access folder settings.