Developers can make test requests on the Developer Site to see the exact responses returned by the API.
To make test requests, follow this brief guide:
- Log into your Vimeo account on the Developer site (https://developer.vimeo.com/api).
⚠️Note: If you are a team member of another Vimeo account, you must log in as the primary account holder to create an app and interact with the Developer Site as that account.
- Click on API Reference in the left-hand navigation.
- Under API Reference, select the feature category you would like to test. For example, click on Videos to see all endpoints related to your account.
- Navigate to the exact API request you would like to test. For example, under Videos, click on Get a specific video.
- Click on the Try it out button to the right of the endpoint you would like to test.
- Depending on the endpoint that you are testing, enter the required fields.
- Check Authenticate this call as to make a request as your account.
- If left unchecked, you’ll make a test request as an unauthenticated user, and you’ll only be able to read metadata public on vimeo.com.
- Click on the Make call button.
- The API response for that endpoint will return below.
⚠️Note: Be aware that the Try it out button on the Developer Site interacts directly with your account data on Vimeo.com. If you use the button to test edit or delete requests, this will modify the metadata on your account.