We’ve compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions and answers about purchased Vimeo On Demand videos here to help you make the most of your VOD experience.
In this article:
- How can I switch my purchase type from rent to buy?
- How can I cancel a recurring VOD subscription?
- How can I get a refund for a VOD I purchased?
- Can I use the VOD I purchased for public screenings?
- I am part of a tax exempt organization; can you refund the tax on my VOD purchase?
- How can I watch the VOD title that I purchased?
- What language options are there for On Demand titles?
How can I switch my purchase type from rent to buy?
If you rent a title and like it so much that you want to buy it, that’s great! Just contact us and we'll be happy to help you get that taken care of.
How can I cancel a recurring VOD subscription?
If you need to cancel a recurring VOD subscription, log in to your Vimeo account, then go to your Billing Settings and choose the Purchases tab. From there, find the title you’d like to unsubscribe from, and click the Unsubscribe link below the renewal date.
How can I get a refund for a VOD I purchased?
For security reasons, we require approval from VOD sellers before granting refunds for VOD purchases. If you'd like to request a refund directly from the seller, you can do the following:
- Send the seller a message from the VOD page. The "Message" button is located on the right hand side of the page, below the poster image.
- Explain that you were not satisfied with your purchase, and that you'd like to request a refund. Let them know that if they wish to grant a refund, we need them to contact us via our form with a) a link to your Vimeo profile, and b) a request to refund your purchase.
Can I use the VOD I purchased for public screenings?
The license issued to you when you rent or buy VOD work is for personal viewing only. It does not allow you to redistribute the work or show it publicly. You can find more information about this in our Payment Addendum.
With that said, you are welcome to reach out to the VOD seller directly to request their permission to share their work in this way. You can contact them by sending a private message through their profile page (please note that you must be following another Vimeo member to use the messaging feature, even if it's just the seller).
I am part of a tax exempt organization; can you refund the tax on my VOD purchase?
We are unable to refund any taxes included in your VOD purchase because tax exemption on Vimeo's site is only applicable to subscription and stock video purchases.
These exemptions are not extended to VOD purchases as additional tax is not added onto the purchase price.
How can I watch the VOD title that I purchased?
You can view the VODs you’ve bought at any time from the Purchases section of your account.
- First, log in to Vimeo (you can go to this link to log in: https://vimeo.com/log_in). Make sure you're logging in with the correct email address.
- Hover over your profile picture in the top right corner of the page, then click “Purchases."
- Next, select the ‘On-Demand’ tab, which will lead you to this page: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/purchases. There you'll find a list of your purchased and rented VOD titles.
You can also use our app to watch your VOD purchases and rentals on a mobile device by logging in and going to your Library (the middle “Bookmark” icon). Any videos you’ve bought will appear in both the Watch Later and Purchases sections there.
If you’re using a mobile device, you’re able to make those purchases available for offline viewing. To do so, just tap the three dots next to a video (or episode, if it’s a series) and select the “Make available offline” option to start the download. Once the download is finished, you’ll be able to find it in the Offline section of your Library.
Please note that you'll need to be logged in to the same Vimeo account you used to purchase the title originally. If you're not finding your purchases, you’ll want to log out, then back in, to ensure that you’re signed in to the correct account.
As a note, if the VOD seller hasn't enabled the 'download' option for videos purchased using the 'Buy' option when you purchase the VOD, enabling that after a purchase has been made won't retroactively grant that kind of access for buyers.
What language options are there for On Demand titles?
Creators can choose to offer their Vimeo On Demand titles in as many languages as they want, so the responsibility falls on them to choose what languages (including captions / subtitles) they offer for their titles.
If a title you want to watch isn't currently available in your language, feel free to reach out to the creator for more information using the Message button on the title’s Vimeo On Demand page.