If you are the current account owner of a team account and would like to transfer account ownership to a different team member on your account, follow the steps below. If you'd like to transfer ownership to an email address that is not associated with a Vimeo account, skip ahead to step 4.
- Change the account password of your team account to a temporary one that you can give to the team member who you’d like to make the new account owner.
- Remove from your account the team member who you’d like to make the new account owner.
- Have the removed team member delete their account completely from Vimeo, as an email address can only be linked to one Vimeo account. (Alternatively, the new owner could change the email address on their account to a different email).
- Log in to the team account (via the current email address), and head to your Account Settings page.
- Click Edit next to your current email address.
- Enter the email address of the new account owner. After you change the email address associated with your Vimeo account, a notification email will be sent to both the old and new email addresses.
Once that is done, you can hand the new credentials off to the new account member and they can log into the account and update the temporary password. Make sure to have them update the billing information as well if needed.