If you use Shopify and you would like to create a video for a product in your store, you can easily do so by connecting your Shopify and Vimeo accounts and using Create. You can also upload any existing video from your Vimeo account to Shopify.
In this article:
Publish to Shopify with Vimeo Create
- To get started, connect the Vimeo integration to your Shopify account by clicking Connect Your Store on the Create landing page.
- In the new modal window, type in the name of your store and press the Connect button to continue on to log in or register for a Vimeo account.
- You can then create a video from scratch or edit a pre-made template to help you with the creation process. We even offer templates specific to Shopify to streamline everything!
⚠️Note: Shopify-specific templates will only surface if you’ve already connected your Vimeo account to Shopify.
- Once you’ve finished making your video, we’ll generate a preview video for you to review your work. After the preview has been created, it will be added to the Create folder in your Library.
- If you’d like to make some changes, just click on the Edit button on the video settings page to proceed to the editor. Your video will remain available for further editing even after the video is uploaded to your account.
- To remove videos, click the ••• menu, then Delete.
- Once the video has been uploaded to your Vimeo account, you can publish it to Shopify by going to the video’s Settings page, clicking on the Distribution tab in the left navigation panel, then pressing the Publish button under the section labeled "Social".
- Your published video will always appear at the end of your media reel on your product page. ⚠️Note: You can also use the Embed tool to embed the video anywhere on your store/website.
Publish an existing video to Shopify
- To publish an uploaded video to a Shopify product page, go to your Library, select the video you want to share, then click the Publish to Social icon corresponding to it.
- In the new window, select Shopify from the left hand navigation panel, then locate the respective product from the product dropdown field. If you have multiple products, you can type a keyword into the field to narrow the available options down.
- If you haven’t connected your Shopify account to your Vimeo account yet, simply click the blue Connect button to go to your Account Settings where you can add your Shopify account.
- Once you’ve added your store’s page, you’ll be redirected to Shopify to confirm that you wish to connect the two accounts.
- After connecting your account and publishing the video, you can visit your Shopify product page to preview it. Your published video will always appear at the end of your media reel on your product page.
Please note that in order to display videos in your online store using our Publish to Social tool, you will need to use the most up-to-date version of a Shopify store theme that supports videos. You can find a full list of these supported themes on the Shopify site.
Once the video is published to Shopify, if you have questions or need help with the Shopify player, you should reach out to their support team.
You can also embed your Vimeo video on a Shopify Product Page by setting the video’s privacy setting to Public and following the same steps outlined above. After using the Publish to Social modal window to send your video to Shopify, open a new browser tab and navigate to your Shopify store’s backend. You’ll be able to see and preview your embedded video in your media reel.