When you install the Vimeo Record extension in Google Chrome, you can record video messages and embed them directly within Jira and Github issues. This is supported on both issue descriptions and comments.
Once the extension is installed:
- Open Jira or Github, and either select an existing issue or create a new issue.
- Click into either a Description or Comment field. Click the Record Video button that appears below it.
- The Vimeo Record extension will open. Select your recording destination and settings, then click Start recording.
- Record your message, then click the Stop button.
- The video will upload to your Vimeo account and the embedded player will automatically be inserted into the issue description or comment, allowing others on that issue to click play and watch your recording directly within the issue.