Free and Basic accounts are limited to one channel. Multiple channels are available with paid plans.
As a Vimeo member, you can create channels, which are destinations for video viewing. Viewers can subscribe to your channel and the videos you add will show up in their feed.
In this article:
- Access and create channels
- Configure channel settings
- Add videos to your channel
- Arrange the order of videos in your channel
- Share a channel
- Remove videos
- Delete your channel
- Channel privacy
- Staff Picks
Access and create channels
To access your channels, hover over your profile picture in the top right corner and choose Collections. Your channels will be listed there along with any other collections you have created.
Click + Create new channel to create a new one.
You can also create a channel by visiting the Channels page and then clicking the + Create a Channel button at the top of the page.
Configure channel settings
You can customize your channel in its settings, which you can access by clicking on the Settings button on the right side of your channel page.
In the Basic tab, you can change the following for your channel:
- Custom URL
In the Appearance tab, you can do the following:
- Choose a thumbnail that will represent your channel around the site (search, your Collections page, etc.)
- Upload a header image that will appear at the top of your channel page.
Note: Remember to hit Save after you make changes.
Add videos to your channel
Once you’ve created your channel, you can add videos to it by following these steps:
- Navigate to the video you'd like to add to your channel.
- Click the Collections button that appears in the video player.
- Select your channel.
Please note the following:
- For individual Vimeo members, only the channel creator and moderators can add videos to a channel. To add moderators to your channel, click Settings on your channel page and follow the instructions in the Membership tab.
- For team accounts, Contributors and Admins can add and remove the owner's videos from a channel.
- You might not be able to add every video you want to your channel. That’s because Vimeo members can choose not to allow their videos to be added to groups, channels, and showcases. Chances are if you aren’t able to add a particular video to your channel, this was a conscious decision by the person that uploaded it.
Arrange the order of videos in your channel
You can customize the order of videos in your channel by following these steps:
- Go to your channel page and click Settings.
- Click on the Videos tab.
- Choose an arrangement method from the drop-down menu next to Always arrange by.
- If you choose to arrange your videos manually, you can drag and drop up to 100 videos in the order you'd like.
- Save your changes.
Share a channel
To share a channel, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the channel.
- Click Share.
- Enter the email addresses or Vimeo user names of the people you'd like to share your channel with.
Note: If viewers are located in the United Kingdom or European Union and are not logged into a Vimeo account, they will be prompted to log in to watch an unrated video or a video rated “Mature” on vimeo.com.
Remove videos from your channel
To remove a video from your channel, follow these steps:
- Go to the Videos tab in the channel’s settings.
- Click the red X in the video’s thumbnail.
- Save your changes.
Note: If a video that was previously removed is added back to a channel, the video will return to its original spot in the channel. For example, if your channel is sorted by Most Recent, the video’s placement will be based on the time it was originally added, not the time you re-added it.
Delete your channel
To delete your channel, follow these steps:
- Go to your channel homepage.
- Click Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Click Delete this channel.
You can choose who can view your channel by clicking the Settings button and then the Membership tab. You can select from the following privacy options:
- Anyone — Everyone in the whole world can view your channel.
- Only moderators — Only the moderators you have added to your channel can view that channel.
- Only moderators and the people I choose — You can add people to share your channel with by clicking the Add or remove people link below these options.
Note: Setting your channel privacy to anything other than Anyone will remove all current subscribers who are not moderators or people you have specifically chosen.
To learn about video privacy within a channel, see this article.
Follow and unfollow channels
If you’re looking for channels to follow, you can search for channels by using the search box at the top of your screen. We also recommend visiting the Channels homepage to peruse our featured channels.
If you want to stop following a channel, go to that channel and click the Unfollow button.
Our Curation Team selects some of our favorite videos from the community to our Staff Picks Channel.
For a bit more about how Staff Picks get chosen, check out this article.