In this article, learn how to:
- Adjust the duration of scenes
- Adjust the duration of photos, stickers, and text
- Split scenes
- Enable auto duration (iOS only)
Adjusting the duration of scenes:
Scenes are represented in the timeline by a box containing a thumbnail of what the scene looks like. You can pinch/expand the timeline to zoom in on a scene’s portion in the timeline.
To adjust the duration of scenes in the timeline:
- Select the scene from the timeline. This will surround the scene in a blue box with a blue handle on the start and end points of the scene.
- Select and drag the handlebars to either lengthen or shorten the scene.
Adjusting the duration of photos, text, and stickers:
Photos, text, and stickers added to scenes are designated an orange box overlaying the timeline and by an orange bubble above the timeline that shows a preview of the photo, sticker, or text. These can be adjusted individually.
To adjust the duration of text, stickers, or photos:
- Select the scene that you’d like to edit.
- Select the element in the scene (text, sticker, or photo) that you would like to change the duration of. This will highlight the element in the timeline with a yellow box and a yellow handle on the start and end points of the element.
- Select and drag the orange handlebars to either lengthen or shorten the duration.
💡Tip: You can also select the entire orange box and drag and drop to change at which point the element appears in the scene.
Scenes can be divided from one longer scene into two shorter scenes in the timeline.
Cutaway scenes cannot be split. Each resulting scene must be a minimum of 0.5 seconds long.
To split a scene:
- Select the scene that you would like to split in the timeline. This will surround the scene in a blue box in the timeline.
- Select and drag the needle indicator in the timeline to the point in your scene that you would like to divide into two scenes.
- Select Split on the toolbar to divide the scene into two scenes.
Enabling auto duration (Create iOS only):
Auto duration automatically adjusts scene duration - including the length of time for text and stickers. This feature can be toggled on and off.
💡Tip: Currently, this feature is available for title scenes or scenes with photos in the Create app for iOS.
To enable/disable auto duration:
- Select a title scene or a scene containing photos.
- Select Duration from the toolbar.
- Select the toggle button to enable or disable auto duration.