When creating a video in the Vimeo Android app, the Vimeo iOS app, or the Create apps for Android and iOS, you can choose to keep your uploaded footage's original audio in your video or you can mute it to allow for other audio in the scene, such as a music track.
In this article, learn about
To mute or unmute the original footage audio:
- Select the scene containing the footage with audio in the timeline.
- Once the timeline is highlighted in blue, you can scroll to the left to find the Audio button on the toolbar.
- If the audio is not muted, the icon will display as a speaker with soundwaves.
- If the audio is muted, it will show as a speaker with an 'x'.
To mute or unmute the original footage audio from the storyboard:
- Open the storyboard by selecting the Storyboard button at the top of the editor. It has two overlapping rectangles with the number of scenes in your video.
- Open the Scene Options menu of a scene and select Mute or Unmute.
- Android: Select the scene thumbnail to open the menu.
- iOS: Select the ••• menu in the top-right corner of the scene's preview thumbnail.