This feature requires a Vimeo Advanced, Premium, or Enterprise account with the Events feature added.
When you host a webinar, you can keep track of who registered and whether or not they attended the virtual event.
If you are on an Enterprise account, you can additionally track the attendees’ interactivity such as poll responses and questions asked, as well as the cumulative percentage of how much of the event their attendees have watched. If you synced Mailchimp, HubSpot, or Marketo with your registration form, each attendee’s engagement data will be pushed to your marketing automation platform and available there at the conclusion of your webinar. This data will also be available in Vimeo’s webinar API.
In this article:
On the webinar management page, click the Attendees button on the right side.
This will open a table view of all the registrants for your event, including the information they provided in the registration form, and whether or not they attended the virtual event.
If your account is Enterprise, you will also see the cumulative percentage of how much of the event they watched. You can then click onto an individual’s row to get a closer look at this information, including how much they watched, and where they joined in and dropped off.
If you are on an Enterprise account, you can see an attendee’s participation activity in Polls and Q&A.
- If you run a poll during your webinar, you can see which option the attendee chose alongside the overall poll results. You can also see if they did not participate in your poll(s).
- If you enable Q&A during your event, you can see questions the attendees asked and questions they upvoted. Questions they asked anonymously will not be displayed.
When you click Complete event on the webinar management page and you connect your webinar to either Mailchimp, Hubspot, or Marketo, the attendee information available here will automatically transfer to that marketing automation platform.
- With a Premium account, you will only see whether or not they attended the event.
- With an Enterprise account, we will pass all data regarding their engagement, including attendance, watch time, and interactivity (e.g. questions asked, poll choices), allowing you to identify the most engaged viewers and potential leads within your CRM environment.
Note that before your event, you can also go into here and block any attendee if needed by clicking their name, then click Block attendee. If you block them here, this will prevent them from watching your event but it will not impact their ability to access your event’s chat and you will have to ban them via the chat window as well.
⚠️Note: If an attendee has “Do not track” turned on in their browser, we will not be able to populate viewer analytics for that attendee.
Click Export CSV to download a CSV of this table to your hard drive. To close out the table, either click the X in the upper right corner or press the ESC key.
Total viewership metrics
After your webinar stream, you can come back to the webinar management page and see how your webinar performed overall.
Click the Analytics option on the right side of the page.
A panel will open with the following information:
- Live views: How many times the live player loaded
- Peak viewers: Highest number of viewers your event had while live
- Average time watched: The average amount of time a viewer was on your live event
- Total time watched: The sum of all viewers' total watching time.
These analytics currently do not account for any views after your webinar was live.