In this article:
- Webinar: How to configure webhooks
- What are webhooks?
- What webhooks are supported?
- How do I add a webhook to my OTT site?
- How do I create a webhook on Zapier?
- How do I test my webhook?
Webinar: How to configure webhooks
What are webhooks?
Webhooks are scripts that allow you to be notified when an event has occurred in the lifecycle of any of your subscription customers. Using this information, you can do things like trigger emails, re-marketing, or other tactics to help further engage these customers. Implementing a Webhook on your OTT site (either through a script you’ve designed or a service such as Zapier), enables you to receive information when an event occurs on your site.
What webhooks are supported?
We have a complete reference of webhooks including which platforms support them, descriptions, and what triggers them here.
How do I add a webhook to my Vimeo OTT site?
Grab the webhook URL from your service of choice. In the Vimeo OTT admin, go to Manage > Site > Advanced. Paste the URL in the Webhook URLs section (click the (+) icon to add more webhooks).
Be sure to Save your settings.
How do I create a Vimeo OTT webhook on Zapier (as a Seller)?
- Sign up for an account on Zapier.com. Keep in mind that a free Zapier plan allows for one trigger and a single action, as well as a limited number of tasks per month. If you intend to have multiple triggers and actions, consider a paid plan.
Connect the accounts where you want the data to ultimately end up.
- e.g. If you want subscribers from Vimeo OTT to go into your MailChimp account, connect your MailChimp to Zapier.
- From here, you should follow Zapier's instructions on triggering a Zap with a Webhook.
- Choose Catch a hook.
- The Pick off a Child Key step should be skipped. This will allow all information to pass through from Vimeo OTT to Zapier.
- Zapier will provide a webhook URL. Copy this URL and add to the webhooks section of your settings page to add to your site. Be sure to save your settings.
- In the Vimeo OTT admin, click the Send test button to send a test Webhook payload to Zapier (see more below).
- Once you've done this, any new customer data should be sent to your service of choice.
How do I test my webhook?
After saving your webhook in your settings, click the corresponding Send test button. Some things to note when testing a webhook:
- The webhook must have CORS headers enabled in order for the test to work.
- All of the values in the test webhook will return as "null."