To watch a downloaded video with captions or subtitles, the video must be available for downloading. As long as you are logged into your account, you can download your own videos. You can download other users’ videos if they have chosen to display the download button on their clip page.
To download both the video and the caption files to your computer, follow these steps:
- Go to the video’s clip page.
- Click the Download button.
- In the window that appears, select the desired video file for download, and the desired caption file for download.
Once you’ve downloaded both files, you’ll need to use them with a media player that supports caption files. We recommend VLC because it is compatible with a wide range of operating systems and file formats. You can download it for free here.
Once you've installed VLC, follow these steps to watch your downloaded video with subtitles:
- Open the downloaded video file in VLC Media Player.
- From the menu, click Subtitles, then Add Subtitle File...
- Select the downloaded .SRT file, click Open, and enjoy!