To watch a downloaded video with captions or subtitles, the video must be available to download. Learn more at How to download a video
To download both the video and the caption files to your computer, follow these steps:
- Go to the video’s clip page on Vimeo.com.
- Click the Download button.
- In the window that appears, select the desired video file for download, and the desired caption file for download.
Once you’ve downloaded both files, you’ll need to use them with a media player that supports caption files. We recommend VLC because it is compatible with a wide range of operating systems and file formats. You can download it for free here.
Once you've installed VLC, follow these steps to watch your downloaded video with subtitles:
- Open the downloaded video file in VLC Media Player.
- From the menu, click Subtitles, then Add Subtitle File...
- Select the downloaded .SRT file, click Open, and enjoy!