Vimeo's integration with Slack gives you the ability to set up notifications for your team members regarding shared folders. For each folder, you can choose which notifications your team sees within their Slack workspace.
- How to enable the Slack integration in the Library
- How to enable the Slack integration in the Enterprise Team Library
- Additional information
How to enable the Slack integration in the Library
To enable a Slack connection, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Library.
Click the plus (+) icon next to Library to create a new folder, or edit an existing folder by hovering over its name in the sidebar and clicking the icon of the three dots, then clicking Settings. You should see two tabs: Info and Notifications. In the Info tab, you can add or edit a folder's name, add team members to contribute work to that folder, or delete the folder.
- Select the Notifications tab to connect your folder to Slack. In the window that opens, specify Slack workspace using the drop-down menu in the upper right corner. It will ask for permissions (this may need to be approved by your Slack administrator or owner, depending on your Slack account's settings). Once it's connected, you can choose which type of updates get pushed to Slack and in what language.
- Once configured, be sure to select Update.
How to enable the Slack integration in the Enterprise Team Library
To enable a Slack connection in the Enterprise Team Library, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your team Library. If you are on an Enterprise account, this is your homepage once logged in.
- Hover over a folder and select the options menu (⋯) to the right.
- Select Slack settings from the dropdown menu.
- A modal will appear prompting you to connect the folder to Slack. Select Connect to continue.
- On the next step, select in which Slack channel you would like your folder notifications to appear and then Allow.
- Once connected, you can choose which type of updates get pushed to Slack and in what language.
- Once configured, be sure to select Save.
Please note the following:
- You can manage the Slack connection for each folder after its initial configuration by selecting Slack settings from the options menu. These options include changing the channel, modifying the notifications that are linked to Slack, or disconnecting it entirely.
- Folders are private workspaces, so only team members who have been added to that folder will have full access to the folder. If someone in your connected Slack channel isn't a team member of that folder, they may see updates on content which they don't have full access to on Vimeo. Be sure to add them as a team member to your folder so that everyone is able to collaborate.
- In addition, please note that only account Owners, Admins, and team members with "Can manage" permissions can access folder settings.