Photo file formats: JPG, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, PNG, non-animated GIF
Video file formats: 3GP, AVI, MOV, MP4, MPG, MTS, M2TS
Audio file formats: MP3, M4P, WMA, ADTS, OGG, WAV, WAVE
In case your file format is not supported, you may use any online format converter to convert it into one of the above formats.
Check your internet connection
Uploading footage, especially of a large size, requires a strong and stable internet connection.
An intermittent internet connection might slow down the uploading process or cause it to fail before it is completed. In this case, here's how this can be resolved:
- On the mobile apps: Turn off the Wi-FI and try uploading the footage using the Mobile Data.
- On the Web platform: Switch to a different Wi-Fi network or try connecting with a LAN/Ethernet cable.
Check for pop up blockers/extensions (Web/desktop platform): If the browsing window does not open when trying to upload footage from your computer's storage or if the footage is not being added, it is possible that you have certain pop-up blockers or extensions installed on your browser that are preventing this from being performed.
- Try disabling those by following these instructions and then try uploading the footage again:
Check if your footage is stored on iCloud (iOS)
On iOS devices, the iCloud backup is set as Active by default and your footage is being backed up to your iCloud account. When you try to add footage that is stored on iCloud to your video, the editor tries to download this footage to your local storage to be able to use it.
This situation might not be successful in cases of issues connecting to your iCloud account.
To resolve this situation, you may follow one of the below options to work around it:
- Download the footage you'd like to use in your video from iCloud, so you have a full copy of it stored locally on your device (see more from Apple Support at Download iCloud photos and videos).
- You can also choose the "Download and Keep Originals" option on your Photos settings to prevent this from happening in the future. Just note that this option requires that you have available storage on the device.
- Download the original footage from iCloud onto a regular desktop computer and make a movie using our website.
In case any of the above does not work, please contact our support team and share the exact steps taken in attempting to resolve the situation so we can further assist.