Graphics in the editor (formerly known as Stickers) lets you add images to your video. There are hundreds of graphics to select from.
💡Tip: To upload your own image, select the Media button in the side toolbar. Learn more at ‘How do I add and manage media in the editor?’
In this article learn about:
- Adding graphics
- The graphics inspector toolbar
- Adding a solid background
- Trimming or extending a graphic’s duration in the video
How to add a graphic
- Select Graphics from the left-side toolbar. This will open the graphics menu where you can select from a variety of graphics categories.
- Select a category from the menu or select the All categories dropdown menu to select a category.
- Select the graphic you’d like to add to your video.
The graphic will appear with a bounding box. You can select and drag the anchor points of the box to resize or drag the entire graphic to a new position on the stage.
How to use the graphic inspector toolbar
When selecting the graphic in the video, the graphics inspector toolbar will appear above the stage to display more options for customizing your graphic. Learn more about the inspect toolbars at 'How do I use the inspector toolbar in the editor?'.
Options in the graphics inspector toolbar include:
- Colors: Change the color of the graphics (⚠️Note: This is not available for all graphics).
- Rotate: Rotate the angle of the graphic around its center axis point.
- Flip: Flip the graphic horizontally or vertically.
- Opacity: Set the opacity of the graphic (0%-100%).
- Animation: Select from a variety of animations for how your graphic appears on the screen.
- Replace Graphic: Replace the selected graphic with stock graphics or upload your own graphic.
Right-clicking the graphic itself will also bring up the following tools:
- Bring to front: Moves the selected graphic in front of other elements that are in the video.
- Bring forward: Moves the selected graphic one step forward in the order of layers.
- Send back: Moves the selected graphic one step back in the order of layers.
- Send to back: Moves the selected graphic behind other elements that are in the video.
How to add a solid background
You can also select +Add a solid background from the graphics background to add a solid background to the Timeline.
To change the color of the background, select the background and select the Colors button from the Inspector Toolbar to select a color from the color menu.
How to trim or extend a graphic’s duration in your video
You can change how long a graphic appears in your video.
To trim or extend a graphic’s duration in your video:
- Select the graphic to find its corresponding element in the Timeline. It is represented by a rectangle with a preview of the graphic above the place in the video that it appears in.
- Select the edge of the start or end of the rectangle representing the graphic and drag to the left or right to trim or extend its duration.
💡Tip: You can extend a graphic’s duration that you have previously trimmed.
- You can also select the rectangle in the timeline and drag it to a new position in the timeline to change where it will appear in your video.