If you are trying to stream to a recurring event or webinar from our live web-based production tool and receive this error message, it’s possible your network is preventing Vimeo from receiving your camera and microphone signal.
In this article:
- Give your browser permission to access your camera and microphone
- Allow domains and ports needed for webcam streaming
Give your browser permission to access your camera and microphone
On most browsers, you will see a prompt to Allow or Block access once you attempt to start your livestream. For details on specific browsers, see the links below:
If the above steps didn't help and you are still facing the issue of “Camera and microphone are blocked”, please check the OS settings:
- In some cases, the webcam and microphone might be blocked in the system preferences:
- Even though the permissions are granted, the webcam and microphone might get blocked in the system settings on macOS post to some Chrome feature updates. You can fix this by following the below steps:
- Close Chrome with a right-click on the Chrome icon and choosing the Quit option.
2. Open macOS system preferences.
3. Disable Chrome access to the webcam and microphone if they are enabled.
4. Give Chrome access to the webcam and microphone.
Allow domains and ports needed for webcam streaming
If you continue to experience this error on the web-based production tool page, you or a network administrator should check your firewall configuration to ensure the domains and ports listed below are allowed.
If you are looking for network configuration requirements when streaming, see here.