This article discusses how you can upload your videos to Vimeo OTT.
In this article
- How do I upload videos to Vimeo OTT?
- Can I batch-upload videos?
- What's the transcoding process like after the video is uploaded?
- Are my uploaded videos private?
- Known limitations for platforms
How do I upload videos to Vimeo OTT?
At the top of your Admin, you’ll see the Videos tab under Content. All of your video content gets uploaded here.
- Before uploading, compress your video content to our recommended compression settings.
- From your Vimeo OTT Admin page, navigate to Content > Videos.
- Click the Upload Videos button on the Videos page.
- You will be taken to the Upload page, where you can drag and drop videos from your computer to upload or select your preferred method of uploading:
- Computer - Select and upload the file from your computer. This uploader is resumable, meaning you can leave the page, come back to it later and continue the process later.
- Dropbox - Connect your Dropbox Pro account and grab the files from there.
Can I batch-upload videos?
You can batch-upload multiple videos at once by dragging & dropping the batch into the uploader.
- Once the file is selected or dragged into the window, it will begin uploading. You can track its progress on the Videos page.
- Once the video is uploaded, it will begin the transcoding process. You can also track that progress on the Videos page.
- You will be emailed when the video is finished processing and can then add it to a Subscription Collection or a Purchase/Rental Product.
⚠️Note: Batch uploading directly from your computer has a limit of 120GB at a time, and batch uploading from our Dropbox integration has a limit of 50GB at a time.
- Amazon S3
- Cyberduck (preferred FTP method)
We do not accept hard drives or any other physical media. Please contact us for more details. If interested in bulk uploading, reach out to your Account Manager or our Sales team for more information.
What is the transcoding process?
Once your video is uploaded, we transcode it to the various resolutions and bitrates for streaming and downloading (depending on your source file format):
|1080p MP4 download||Source file must have a resolution of at least 1920x1080|
|720p MP4 download||Source file must have a resolution of at least 1280x720|
|540p MP4 download||Always created|
|360p MP4 download||Always created|
|Adaptive streaming file||Always created|
⚠️Note: Deleting videos does NOT grant you more upload hours. Also, if you replace a video, it does take away from the overall hours' allotment, since it begins transcoding immediately. We recommend that you make sure you have the final version ready to go before uploading. More information is here.
Are my uploaded videos private?
Known limitations for platforms
Samsung Tizen TV has choppy playback of the video sources with 23.976 FPS. The affected model's list can be found in this article.