Live analytics during an event
When you stream a recurring live event with an external encoder via RTMP, you'll see some analytics in the analytics panel to help track how many people are viewing your stream and for how long. While your event is live the numbers in the analytics panel will be available and updated in real-time.
- Current viewers: the number of people currently watching your stream
- Peak viewers: the highest number of concurrent viewers on your stream in a 30-second window
- Total views: total number of player loads
Average time watched: average duration of a viewer’s page load
Live analytics after an event
After your event ends, the stream will be archived as a video in your Library. Select the recording from your Libary to open the video settings page. Select the Analytics chart icon to open the panel that contains live analytics.
The metrics provided are the same as detailed in Video Settings analytics panel. This accounts for both live viewers and viewers who watched the archived video within the last 30 days. You can get a more in-depth look at your video's performance in the advanced analytics dashboard, which you can access by clicking Advanced report.
In addition to the other analytics shown on this panel, archived events will also include a Live heading here, allowing you to see information about live viewers.
You can also find analytics for streams that you simulcast to an integrated social destination (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn) on this page after your stream ends.
- Replacing your video here does not have any impact on analytics. Learn more at 'Replace a video'.
- If you watch your own stream, that view will not count toward your event's analytics (unless you are logged out).