If you already have a website for your work and want to use Vimeo OTT to sell, you can embed a trailer to integrate the viewing experience on your pre-existing site and offer a redirect for the checkout.
Note: You can only embed the trailer widget on your external website. Once someone subscribes, they are redirected to a Vimeo OTT hosted page to view your video content. The paid videos do not get embedded on your external site.
Follow these steps to embed your trailer:
- From your Admin, navigate to Products > Promotions.
- From the Promotional Tool page, select Embed trailer.
- On the Trailer Embed page, you'll see the embedded preview video at the top of the page with the embed code underneath it.
- You can change the following settings to customize the look of the embed.
- Product - Select which product trailer you want to embed.
- Width & Height - Change the size of the embed.
- Responsive Embed - Make the embed responsive to the size of the viewer's window/device rather than a fixed size.
- Color options - Change the button color in the embed.
- Visibility options - Choose if you want the Title, Price, Buy button, and Share button visible within the embed.
- Copy the Embed code from the page and paste it into an HTML field on your site or blog
Add Vimeo OTT links to YouTube cards:
If you have any video content up on YouTube, you can add a card to your video that links back to your Vimeo OTT site. While most links don't work inside cards, Vimeo OTT URLs do!
To view Google's guide on how to add cards, click here.
Promote your site on Twitter
Twitter offers a rich media experience for certain URLs that they call Twitter Cards. This displays images and video directly inline with a tweet, creating a lower barrier for enjoying the media that was attached to the post.
Vimeo OTT theme sites automatically add the code needed for these to appear. All you need to do is supply a Package with a cover image and a trailer. After that, you're ready to start sharing your Vimeo OTT site link on Twitter for the embed player to appear!
Link to your Vimeo OTT site from a Vimeo video:
Cards are a customizable, notification-style layer that members can set to appear during playback of their embedded videos. You can make cards as simple as a headline or choose to flesh them out with a description, thumbnail, and link to any destination.
You can upload your trailer or short video to Vimeo to get your work discovered and use Cards to link the viewer directly to your Vimeo OTT site. Here's how to set up Cards.
If you are interested in having access to this feature, please contact us.