Installing the Vimeo Record plugin on Figma allows you to seamlessly create, upload, and embed videos all within Figma. Learn more about Vimeo Record here.
In this article:
Setting up the Record Plugin
- Install the plugin.
- The plugin can be used both in app and in the browser, including Google Chrome and any browser that uses Chromium.
- Sign up for a free Vimeo account or connect your existing account.
- Grant the plugin permissions to access your Vimeo account by clicking Allow.
- Once account connection is complete, you can start using the plugin.
Recording your first video on Figma
- Right-click on the canvas and select Plugins from the menu and then Vimeo Record.
- Select Recording mode. This will give you the option to record your screen, camera or both screen and camera as well as to enable or disable sound.
- Select a screen you want to record. You can choose to record your entire screen, an individual window, or specific application.
- If you want your camera to be recorded while you work in other applications, you should select Entire Screen.
- Use the controls within the plugin to pause, discard, or stop your video.
- Once you complete a video it will take a couple of seconds to upload it to your Vimeo account.
- Once uploaded, you can share your video via a link or embed it to Figma Design or FigJam canvas.
- Within Figma Design, the video will display a thumbnail that will open a new window to view on Vimeo.com.
- When shared within FigJam, the video will unfurl fully.
- There are also options to delete or download your video, as well as update privacy settings.
- All of your videos will be saved to your Vimeo account in the Figma Recordings folder.
- Here is how your video will look like embedded to Figma Design canvas:
- You can play embedded videos directly in FigJam.
- If you want to record videos outside of Figma, you can install Vimeo Record Chrome Extension. See our guide for using the Vimeo Record Chrome extension for more information.