When publishing to social media, it’s important to keep in mind some restrictions that may impact sharing videos to certain types of profiles on Facebook and LinkedIn. Each platform also has its own requirements for video size and format which can be found below.
In this article:
- Platform Requirements
Please note you cannot publish videos to Facebook profiles but you can still publish them to Facebook pages. Don't worry — anything posted before August 1, 2018 on your Facebook profile will not be removed! Another note on Facebook: you can only connect your Vimeo account to a maximum of 25 pages at a time.
Similar to Facebook, it is only possible to publish videos to LinkedIn Company pages. Publishing native videos to personal LinkedIn profiles is not currently supported.
When using the publish to social feature, only the video file will be published to each social platform. Other features (such as captions and thumbnails) and Vimeo-specific settings such as video privacy, video interaction tools, or any other type of player customization will not be transferred. Additional video features will need to be managed on each individual site the video is published natively to.
Be sure to adhere to the specifications of each social platform, so that you can ensure your videos will successfully publish to social directly from Vimeo:
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 (landscape) or 1:1 (square)
- Max file size: 4GB
- Maximum frame rate: 30 fps
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 (YouTube automatically adds black bars to their player in order to accommodate different video sizes)
- Maximum file size: 128GB
- Maximum video duration: 12 hours for verified Google accounts
- When you select YouTube, avoid using angle brackets (< >) in the Description field. This can cause the video to not upload to YouTube.
- Aspect ratio: 16:9, 1.33:1
- Maximum file size: 512MB
- Maximum video length: 2:20
- Maximum file size: 5GB
- Minimum file size: 75KB
- Minimum video duration: 3 seconds
- Maximum video duration: 10 minutes
- Resolution range: 256x144 to 4096x2304
- Aspect ratio: 1:2.4 - 2.4:1
- Maximum frame rate: 60 fps
- Video length: Up to 60 seconds
- Video size: Up to 1 GB
- Video resolution: Up to 4K (4096 x 2160 px)
- Video file type: .mp4 or .mov
- Aspect ratio: 9:16, 1:1, or 16:9
- Resolution: One of the following:
- Duration: 5-60 seconds allowed, 9-15 seconds recommended
- File size: ≤500 MB
- File type: .mp4, .mov, .mpeg, .3gp, or .avi
- Bitrate: ≥516 kbps
- Need a TikTok for Business account
- For more information about TikTok video specifications, visit Video Ads Specifications from the TikTok Business Help Center