Troubleshooting API issues can be tricky for everyone involved, so we ask that developers writing into us for support provide specific technical details so we can help you out faster:
- Details about your account, developer environment, and overall intended workflow
- Specify which of our APIs are being used
- Specify what requests are being made
- Report the expected result
- Report the observed result, including any error messages, error codes, or unexpected behavior
- Provide only code snippets relevant to your report (think of minimal, reproducible examples)
- Avoid sharing screenshots unless you’re sharing graphical information - it’s much easier to search blocks of text instead of an image
Vimeo Support will only ask for technical information relevant to troubleshooting. We will never ask users for administrator login access, server management credentials, full authentication tokens, account passwords, credit card numbers, or other payment information.
Finally, note that we only support our official libraries. If you are interacting with the Vimeo API using a third-party library, or if you are executing your own code to make requests to Vimeo, we are limited with the support we can provide.